Wednesday, June 27, 2012

still searching

http://www.firehousequilts.org/

I contacted this organization today to see if they are accepting quilts for the Colorado fire victims.  If you hear of anyone out there accepting quilts, please let me know.

I'll be sending a box to Julie in Utah on Friday and have my Binky Patrol group working on sending more quilts, but I know there is a need in Colorado.  So many have lost homes and been evacuated.  The temps are over 100 degrees, but a quilt isn't about warmth.  It is about showing others you care enough to take some time out of your day to say a prayer and make a tangible hug that can be spread across the miles.  I will never meet 99.9% of the people who receive my quilts, but I know they are getting a hug from me when they wrap the quilt around them.  I love the feeling of a finished quilt.

No comments: