Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Something to show for my time off

So I am finally on vacation now as of yesterday and am starting to feel like I had better start using up my time or it will be gone before I know it.  I quilted this up today and it will be bound and gifted soon I hope.  It is another star quilt and I love the top and bottom middle stars the most.  They are all easy stars to make, with the cat stars being 8 1/2 inch square blocks and the rest being 4 1/2 inch traingles and 4 1/2 inch squares.  Super quick quilt because the blocks finish at 16 inches.  Just add a border and the quilt is a nice size.  I had to make the middle stars different because I didn't have enough of the cat print fabric.  I love having to be creative like that and isn't that what quilting is all about?

No comments: