Monday, June 25, 2012

eleven and twelve

 so frustrated with my migraine yesterday but what can I do?  My dr appointment isn't until next Monday, but I think I am going to try and get in to see my regular doctor today.  I did spend quite a bit of time on the couch, feeling sorry for myself, but that didn't help, so quilting was in order.  I got the sewing room cleaned and shocked the kids.  My little guy even spent some time dancing on the newly cleaned floor :)  I wish I had gotten some pictures of that!  Maybe I should sign him up for dance lessons since he has a new love.

This first quilt is about 48 inches square and made from some interesting fabrics.  I love when a quilter uses what they have.  Some are poly and some thicker, denim type cottons and it reminds me of a quilt of long ago where they used what they had and made due.  None of this running to the quilt shop and spending $12 a yard for the fancy stuff.
This second quilt is really gorgeous.  It is batiks which are some of my favorites and the picture really doesn't do justice to the quilt.  I used red thread and it blends in perfectly with the quilt so you know the color is off in the picture.  I love the pattern of the quilt, just simple 3 inch strips sewn together in a log cabin pattern for the center blocks and then round and round the outside for the border with a wider final border.  Simple, perfect for showing off the fabrics.  The deep red has fish in it.  Just love this quilt!

I'm up to 12 quilts and have way more than 48 days of summer vacation left.  I like it because I have no idea what the rest of the summer will hold.  It's nice to be ahead of schedule.  I probably have 200 quilt tops here and would love to work through all of them.

I got a phone call yesterday and need to go pick up more fabric someone donated for Binky Patrol.  Always keeping busy :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thought of you this morning - check out Julie's blog at "Having Fun Quilting" - Don't know if you're interested in diverting some of your quilts, but it looked like a need.

Andee said...

As a fellow migraine sufferer, ugh! I hope you get relief soon! Meanwhile I love the squares quilt...very graphic!