Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Phone call

So, I said today was going to be a great day no matter what.  Well, I just got off the phone with the car repair shop.  My car is burning oil.  Bummer. He says it will cost $5-6 thousand dollars for a new engine.  Probably because I didn't get oil changes on time.  Really?  Who knew oil changes were that important.  I thought they were optional, like changing your underwear, or going to the dentist.  Ugh.  OH, well, I guess I will just be carrying around some oil in my car and learning where to put it every week. At least until we can figure out what to do about my poor car.  It only has about 80,000 miles on it.  It's a Toyota Sienna.  That thing burns through tires really fast too.  I get the 60,000 mile tires and have had to buy like 3 sets of tires already too.  They say that vans just do that.  Well, they shouldn't sell them as 60,000 mile tires then.  They should say, these tires will only last a little while, so don't pay a lot of money for them.  I'm sure they would sell great :)

At least I don't have a headache yet!  And I have a friend coming over to learn to use my quilting machine in a little bit.  That will make me happy. I have to get a quilt off the frame first and eat lunch...

No comments: