Saturday, June 23, 2012

the wedding

The wedding of my pseudo-daughter yesterday was beautiful.  It has been over 100 for almost a week and then yesterday didn't get over 72 and started to rain.  I was hoping it was an indoor wedding, but when we showed up, sure enough it was outside.  But the weather was just perfect with a light breeze, little bits of clouds going by and cool enough to be comfortable.
 My little buy brought his video game to play because he thought he was going to be so bored.  He had a great time!
He got to dance with the bride...and almost everyone else who wouldn't run away from him!  He loves to dance!  Who would have guessed?
 Hey, I wanted to dance with my mom!  Dad wouldn't let me cut in :)
 It was nice to have everyone dressed up and spending time together as a family.  This won't happen too often as this one goes off to college in a year (if she can pick a major and decide on a college!) and the oldest goes to grad school after going to China this summer.  She leaves in a week.
 I taught Jenny when she was 14 and a freshman in high school.  Ryan was in the same grade and they were first girlfriend/boyfriends.  They went their separate ways for a long time and found their way back to each other about 3 years ago.  I know they are going to be so happy together.

No comments: