Sunday, June 3, 2012

shining star quilt

this one is for my student teacher from this year.  Quilted today and hopefully bound and in the mail tomorrow.  I was hoping to get it finished up before school was out, but when I got stuck in Denver, I gave up hope of getting it done and just enjoyed my last couple of days of school with no stress of trying to get it done.  I gave it to her on the last day of her classes and then asked for it back so I could quilt it.  I love the star pattern and it should be easy to get done tomorrow.  The center of the stars is 8 1/2 inches and the points are 4 1/2 inches cut with the Accuquilt Go triangle die.  Super quick to cut and easy to sew together.  Made with lots of different yellows and a great blue background fabric I got at JoAnn's.  I will be sad to use up the last of this fabric.  It is so pretty.

No comments: