Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's better than an Accuquilt Go!?


Today is quilt day at Carla's house. Did you get your invitation? If you live anywhere within driving distance of N. California and want to come to the next one, leave me a comment :)


At Quilt Day, Carla gets people from all walks of life. Quilters, Quilter-wanna-be's and people who have never touched fabric in their lives and helps them discover how much fun making quilts for kids in crisis can be.


This morning, I took over this bucket of fabric. I would guess there are about 200 yards of fabric in the bucket. It is REALLY heavy. My daughter and I sorted it to make some Quick Stripie quilts from maryquilts.com and today the busy workers at Carla's are going to iron, cut and make up the quilt kits. Maybe even some of them will get sewn together. If not, I will take them home and pass them out to unsuspecting friends :) So, if you see me coming and I have a bag in my hand, chances are it will have a quilt kit or three and I will ask you to do some sewing.


What's better than an Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter? A whole bunch of friends!


I'm still drooling over the Go! cutter though. JoAnn's has them on sale this week for $249. That's the cheapest they've been so far around here. You can get them for about $238, shipping included on the net and I'm wondering if the Black Friday sale at JoAnn's will include the Accuquilt Go!


Dear Stanta, I've been really good this year. Please bring me an Accuquilt Go! cutter, or more friends to help me cut up all of my fabric so I can make more quilts for kids. Thanks :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay for a whole bunch of friends!!!

Cheri said...

Sounds like so much fun and a great way to destash or fling whichever that would be...both maybe.

Michelle said...

I've been hoping they'll have a great price for Black Friday, but if they did, I might have to drag along for kids. Yikes!