Saturday, November 6, 2010

make them go away!

Ugh, I have no idea why I'm getting so many migraines lately. On Wed? I went into the hospital to get a shot for my migraine. I can't even remember my days anymore. I don't know what they gave me, but they hit something and I have a pretty bruise to show for it. It got rid of that migraine, but it came back on Thursday and again on Friday and now again today. The new doctor prescibed Imitrex and so far I'm handling it pretty well. I haven't had to take the anti-nausea meds with it, but it really doesn't do much for the migraine either.



Today, I went back to the pharmacy and got the Tylenol 3, which is like Vicodin, with less codine. The imitrex didn't work so they said I could take that after. The migraine is less. Maybe I need to add some fiber therapy in there too. That helped yesterday. I got a lot of sewing done.






My goal now is to work through some of this thread that I picked up 2 weeks ago. I have a lot of thread, but most of the spools of thread were mostly used. I'm working through them as fast as I can and saving the empty spools for my son's 1st grade class. I have a bag of them, maybe 20 or so and hope to have 50 soon :) I take a spool, put it on and sew as fast as I can on string blocks. The bucket of strings is not getting any smaller though. I'm trying to work through the spools with the least thread on them so I feel like I'm making some progress. So far I've only come across one spool of bad thread. How do you know the thread is bad? From the research I've done on the net and by asking people, you pull out a bit of the thread and then give it a good tug. If the thread breaks easily, it is bad. The one bad spool broke just by barely pulling on it. So, I just cut the thread off and the spool was empty and ready to go in the bag.






I'm having fun filling up this bag and hope the kids like playing with the spools. I remember playing with my mom's empty spools when I was a kid. We would stack them and sort them and sometimes even make things out of them, like Christmas ornaments. Of course, in those days we didn't have video games. I'm not sure if kids today will appreciate empty spools of thread like I used to.






But, I'm having fun collecting them.






Tomorrow, my friend Carla is having a Binky Patrol sewing day at her house. I hope I feel well enough to go and play. I always have fun there. She has so much energy and enthusiasm. I am going to take a big bucket of fabric over there today, or in the morning so the people who show up and don't want to sew, can iron and cut the fabric and make quilt kits for other people to sew.






Yesterday when I was trying to use up thread, I even sewed a quick stripie quilt. I haven't done that in a long time. It only took me 30 minutes to sew the top together. SUPER quick!






I'm now working on a 6 1/2 inch square block quilt and that is almost done too. Another 30 minutes of working and that quilt top is about 80% done. Maybe 5 more minutes and I can get it done today. Anything to use up more thread :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I've been wondering how you've been doing. I'm truly sorry for your migraines. Nothing worse on a day to day basis! Has anyone had you monitor your diet yet? Take one thing (dairy, caffiene, processed sugars, sugar-substitutes etc.) out of your diet at a time and see if that helps. If you don't know why they are happening, that might be a good place to start. Sometimes smells, or allergies that start out of no-where can be causes.

No matter, please take care of yourself. ~hugs~