Thursday, November 4, 2010

more migraines

Yesterday, I had to go in to the hospital to get shots for my migraine. This one started on Wed morning and just kept building. My doctor hadn't prescribed anything new for me to take and the ibuprofen and tylenol were not touching it. I called and talked to a nurse who set me up with a phone appointment. The new doctor called and talked me through the diagnosis. She said she wanted me to come in and get some shots. I can't remember what they gave me, but boy did they hurt!!!! Today I have a bruise on my hip the size of a baseball. It is really pretty, red, purple, orange, blue and even some green in there for good measure.

Within 5 minutes of the shots I couldn't walk without assistance. I had to go to the pharmacy and pick up the imitrex and anti-nausea meds the doctor prescribed for me and when I was waiting to get them (they wouldn't just give them to my husband) I got really faint and had to bend down and almost fell over. The pharmacy tech told me to sit down and they would give my husband the medicine. Silly people!

He got to take me out to the car in a wheelchair and I laid in bed the rest of the night. I haven't had to get a shot for my migraine in over 10 years. Today the migraine is trying to come back again and I took the imitrex, so far it is just making me jittery. I think I will go try to sew some before bed and see if that calms me down a little bit. Put on some good music, touch a little fabric and relax. I have papers to grade, but those can wait. Isn't that what weekends are for?

1 comment:

Andee said...

So sorry to hear about such a horrible migraine...I get them too and completely get it. I hope by now it has faded. I take imitrex too and I usually get a rebound headache 24 hours after I take it...which sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Here's to less migraines for us both...and more sewing!