Sunday, November 7, 2010

I didn't make it back

I really wanted to get back over to Carla's today for the Quilt Day, but after the day I had yesterday and all of the different medicines and still not feeling 100% decided it best to just stay close to home and take things easy. Now, taking things easy means different things to different people.

For me, taking things easy meant starting another hat for my daughter. This one is a really hard pattern and I got about 1 inch on it. It is more of a headband and starts with ties that are 15 inches long and then has a leaf pattern that I am very doubtful that I will be able to finish before next year, but at least I started it.

Then, I took a little nap. Around here, getting a 30 minute nap is a miracle. Too much excitement and noise. After my nap, I started working in the sewing room. I figured if I couldn't be with my friends today, I would be with them in spirit. I worked on string blocks and 2 1/2 inch squares making 4 patches and made another dog bed out of scraps that have been sitting around for a couple of months. I moved some things around and made a little more room.

I'm trying to drink a lot of water. I rarely drink enough water because usually I'm stuck in a classroom where I can't get to the bathroom when I need to so today is perfect for drinking all of the water my body needs. I need to flush out the meds from yesterday and get hydrated for the work week ahead. This is going to be a great week, only 3 days. Thanks to the Veterans for Thursday and Friday off. I plan to do a lot of sewing this coming weekend to make room for the fabric that is still on the floor. It is a never ending battle with keeping order in the sewing room, but I'm having fun in the fight.

1 comment:

em's scrapbag said...

So sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better soon. I found your blog through stash manicure. I love what you do and would like to mimmic if I can. I have a few questions so when you are feeling better would you mind contacting me. Thanks