Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Today was brought to you by the number 6 and the letter D










Here's #5 and #6 for today. Wow, what a great day. I even went grocery shopping and got my turkey. There were slim pickings and I hope it thaws in time for dinner on Thursday. If not, who says you can't have turkey on Saturday? I will take it out of the fridge tomorrow and soak it in the sink. I just get a little nervous with salmonella and all. One year I cooked a frozen turkey. It took about 12 hours and it was pretty dry but we had turkey around 6pm. Those are the Thanksgivings you remember!
So, here is a closeup of #5 quilted with another pattern from the Pajama quilter, called Jungle Riot. Easy, cute, fun. What else is there to say about this one?
And #6 has my version of Wiggle. Easier, faster, funner. Oh, wait. Good thing I'm not an English teacher.
Speaking of English. My daughter got word today that she is in the finals of the Shakespear competition at school. The top 5 kids from each of the teacher's two classes (40 kids per class) get to perform again and the top student from those 10 kids will get a dinner for 2 to Olive Garden. Momma is pulling out all the stops and I'm trying to borrow a costume from a friend who does the Ren Faires. She really goes all out and designs and sews them and they are gorgeous! Hey, we are talking dinner for 2 people!!!
My daughter has to perform, but I have to worry and fret and listen to her practice. Isn't that worth a dinner? I think so :) And I love to eat and not wash dishes :)
And for the letter D. This is an empty donut box. Don't worry. I got 2 dozen donuts and I think there are about 3 left for tomorrow. If the donuts give me this much energy, I think I should eat them every day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Delicious. Delightful. Dwonderful. Oh, wait.

2 comments:

Candace said...

All your little strippie quilts are adorable and I'm sure that they will be appreciated and loved. The quilting looks great.

Ivory Spring said...

What a sweet quilt.