Monday, June 17, 2013

Mindless sewing

I'm still working on cleaning the sewing room and finding half finished projects.  I'm creating a new rule.  When I have leftover pieces from a quilt, I"m going to make 12 inch blocks because I have no idea how all of these pieces were supposed to go together!  There are tiny triangles and tiny squares and medium size triangles and squares and after sewing them together I realized that the medium triangles and squares were supposed to be square in a squares.  Oh, well, they are now random 12 inch blocks that will go into a big ol' scrappy quilt like the one above.  I LOVE the super scrappy quilts.  I love looking at all the different fabrics and remembering the different quilts they came from.  To me, that is what a quilt is supposed to be.  I think I was born in the wrong generation, but I don't think I could have lived without air conditioning and internet.  I can't even remember what it was like without internet and instant access to everything happening in your friends' lives.  For example, friends of mine from church are host families for twin boys whose mom is in drug rehab.  Today they found out the mom wants my friends to adopt her twins.  The mom realized that she just can't take care of the boys and that they are best off with stable families.  My friends are super excited.  One of my friends has already adopted two beautiful children and the other family has 6 kids of their own.  Without the internet I wouldn't be able to celebrate with them.



I made quite a few of these blocks.  Just random leftovers from a comfort quilt.

No comments: