Friday, June 14, 2013

3 quilts in a day?


So I finished the blocks on the string quilt this morning and finished putting that together, then ironed and trimmed the UCLA quilt and put that top together for my daughter.  It needs borders and then will be ready for quilting and then I made myself cut into the clothes from my friend who passed away was it almost 2 years ago?  I got them at the end of last summer and didn't feel like working on them during the year.  Making memory quilts is emotionally draining and with all the migraines I've had I just didn't have the energy to deal with the emotions.  So, today, since I didn't feel well, I figured I'd deal with my issues and at least get started.  Once I started cutting, there were only 6 pieces of clothes and it didn't take too long to get everything cut.  I couldn't decide on a pattern so let the fabrics tell me what to do.  I cut 6 1/2 inch squares and 3 1/2 inch squares, as many as I could cut out of each dress and skirt.  I remember my friend as wearing some of the craziest pants, but her daughter gave me these beautiful colored dresses and skirts.  Those were her memories of her mother.  I wanted to make two quilts, but there just isn't enough fabric for that so I'm doing what I can and hoping to get the rest of the top at least pinned tonight and sewn in the morning.  Tomorrow is hubby's birthday so not much sewing perhaps, unless he lets me stay home from the movies.  I'm not much of a movie fan and the kids want to take him to see the new Superman movie.  Aren't they all the same?  I'm sure I've seen at least one of them and part of the TV series. 

So, you can say I've done a lot of sewing today.  I think that is what summer is all about.  I can't wait for my little guy to be finished with school so I can have a day where I don't even have to leave the house.  Just think what I can get done then :)

Better go pin that quilt before the dogs walk on it and mess it up.

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

I love the UCLA quilt!!! She will cherish it.