Saturday, April 28, 2012

the three week headache

 Anybody else out there have migraines?  I've had them since I was in high school and they got really bad when I was in my early 20's.  Lately they have been lasting longer.  This one has been every day for the past 3 weeks.  I used to get nautious and have to lay down or sleep, but have learned that they don't go away and it is just a waste of my time and life, so have learned how to work through them.  Yes, they are painful, but if I stopped every time my head hurt, I would never get anything done.  When we switched to Kaiser 2 1/2 years ago, my new doctor sent me to a headach clinic and the asked lots of questions.  I was hopeful they would find answers. They ran a CT scan on my brain while I was having a migraine and I thought they could figure out what was causing them and maybe give me some new breakthrough medicines to cure me.  Well, it turns out they have no idea what causes migraines.  There are about 7 zillion triggers for them and those can all be combined so that what triggers a migraine today won't necessarily trigger it tomorrow.  Donuts will usually trigger a migriane, but not always.  Why donuts and not chocolate cake?  What special ingrediant is in a donut?  Bright lights will usually trigger them too, but not always.  And why will I get one that will go on for 3 weeks?
So far this school year I have worn a different tshirt every day to school.  I think I need to get this one and start wearing it.  I wonder what my students would do if they saw me wear this every day for 3 weeks.  I have good students, but I think they might make fun of me if I wore the same clothes every day :)

No comments: