Thursday, April 19, 2012

Iris season

I hope you can take some time today to smell the flowers.  This time of year is always my favorite in my garden.  I have a huge collection of iris and when they all start to bloom, I love to go out each morning and see which ones are opening up new for the day.  I never remember which ones are where and have no idea what their names are, those things aren't important to me.  I just love seeing all of the different color combinations there are.  I would never put some of these colors together, but some how they work well in flowers. 



I'm also reminded that I have some weeding to do!  We have had a lot of rain recently and that's my excuse :)

This is one of my favorites.  It is in a shady spot and the bright yellow can be seen way across the yard, calling me to come over and take a better look.  It reminds me to let my light shine in the shadows.

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Needled Mom said...

Those are GORGEOUS. I love the iris as well. So far it has just been my purple and pink that have bloomed. I just love that first one of yours.

Carrie P. said...

Wow! you have some really great Irises. I have some of the gold and purple ones. Still waiting on them to bloom.