Saturday, April 28, 2012

Make New Friends


Do you remember that song from Girl Scouts?  Make New Friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold?

I think Chris is the golden friend here :)  I met her online through her blog
http://thefledglingcrafter.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/de-stash-time-2/

She was posting that she had some fabric to destash and lived near me.  We met up last Friday at a JoAnn's and she filled my car!  I finally had some time today to go through the boxes and bags of treasures she blessed me with and boy did I have some fun!

I've pulled out all of the boy fabrics to pair up with stuff I have for more boy quilts which are always in short supply for Binky Patrol.  There is some really nice fleece which will be made up really quickly into blankets and given to kids and I pulled out some pink fabrics for my TA who is a foster kid and will be graduating in June.  I'm so proud of all she has accomplished and really wanted to make her a quilt.  I had better get busy on it.  So little time left!

Thanks again Chrs for all of this wonderful fabric.  It will be put to good use.  Lots of kids will be warmed in the coming months.  Keep watching the blog.  I bet you will see lots of your fabrics in quilts here!

1 comment:

Kate Brown said...

That was so kind of her. Totally awesome for you!! I can imagine all the fun you had going through it all. ;)