Friday, April 6, 2012

I won't pretend

My son is at a robotics competition in Spokane Washington this weekend and they are having a blast.  I won't pretend to understand what all they are doing.  But, I did get to just watch his competition online just now.  This was the match I just watched.  He was on the blue team.  He is on team 701 and his team won this round.  They switch colors each round and the goal of the competiton this year is to shoot baskets.

I told him they should do something practical, like sew quilts.  Surely with all of the brain power of these kids, they could design quilting robots and think of all of the quilts they could have at the end of the weekend!  Think of how exciting it would be to watch that competition!  A whole new spin on a quilt show.  I think I have something going here.

Ok, they just called a foul on one of the teams.  It was a G27 foul.  Whatever that means.  Did someone look at another player funny, or high stick them or touch their pocket protector?  Sorry, my son is a super nerd who will rule the world one day and most of the time I don't know what he is talking about when he talks computer geek to me.  I love that kid, but he really could be spending his time better by making practical robots that clean my house so I can spend more time quilting :)  One day...that's my hope!

No comments: