Sunday, April 29, 2012

Have you ever done a blog hop?

http://janesfabrics.blogspot.com/2012/04/red-white-blue-blog-hop.html

There's a Red White and Blue blog hop coming up July 1 and there are just a few spots left.  Hop on over and let Jane know if you are interested in participating.  Why would you want to do a blog hop?  Well, you get to learn a lot of new things, you get lots of new readers to come to your blog and for me it forces me to try new things.  I'm a creature of habit (aka lazy) and when I sign up to do a blog hop, I am pushed out of my comfort zone.  I try something I normally wouldn't do.

This blog hop sound fun because it is 100 bloggers making a single quilt block.  Each person will make one block that will be 10.5 or 12.5 inches in the colors of red, white and blue just in time for our nation's birthday.  Imagine if you made all of those blocks and put them together for some great Quilts of Valor.  I'm going to try something new for my block for the hop.  Something I wouldn't normally try on a whole quilt.  If I like it, I may make a whole quilt, if not, I could just make a pillow.  Or, send the block in for the QOV challenge. 

Hurry, most of the spots are already taken.

No comments: