Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving




Christmas? Yes, it will be here soon. I made 38 Christmas stockings to send to my daughter to give to her friends. They are going to hang them on their doors and then trade little hand made gifts and cards throughout the next few weeks leading up to Christmas break. Sort of like a secret Santa exchange. Everyone who takes a stocking agrees to make something for everyone else who has a stocking hanging on their door. I am also sending some things to decorate these stockings, fabric paint, pom poms, google eyes, I can't wait to see what they all come up with. Just a little thing to help beat the winter blues!


When I went to take the turkey out of the fridge in the garage, it was still frozen! I guess that fridge is set a little too cold! I bought the turkey on Monday, so I figured it would have plenty of time to thaw, but I was wrong. Oh, well, it will just take longer to cook. After 3 hours of cooking, I was finally able to pull the bag of gibletts out and the neck as well so things should go a little quicker now. We will have dinner around 6. That's ok because I made a black bean and salsa soup last night that is super good! I cooked it all night long and had the worst night's sleep. I kept waking up and smelling the delicious soup. I had the best breakfast this morning and lunch too. I got the recipe from the crockpot blog that I have been following for the last month or so. You can find it on the side bar of this blog.
Here is a picture of some turkey treats the kids have been making. I got the idea from another blog and then found out that it is out there everywhere on the net so I have no idea where the original idea came from. They are fun to make and delicious too.
And finally some more quilts I have been working on. This one was from yesterday... For some reason it is showing up twice and I can't make it go away. So, you get to look at it again here :)
And these two are from today so far. (no, you are not seeing double--there really are two of the same quilts this time) I'm hoping to get another two done at least today. Since it is just my family here and we don't have plans to do much, other than spend the day with each other, I have time to play!
I tried another pattern from the Pajama Quilter Reloaded book and really liked this one. Click on the picture to see the quilting. It is a flower and went very quickly!

No comments: