Saturday, November 8, 2008

Getting them done


Today I decided to just get some quilts done. They are doing nobody any good sitting on the cutting table. In fact, I can't even use the cutting table because it is covered in quilted, but not bound quilts! So, today, I grabbed some yellow with white polka dot fabric and decided to just cut it into 3 1/2 inch strips and see how many quilts I could get done. I finished 4 of them. (the four on the left of this picture) Plus, I started cleaning my kitchen and vacuumed the upstairs hallway AND sat and graded papers for 2 hours. Not bad for a Saturday's efforts. I still have a couple hours before bedtime. Maybe I could cut some more binding and get a couple more quilts done or maybe pick out some backing fabric for some of these quilt tops I have sitting here, waiting to be done. I really need to get the quilt started for Tuesday...too many choices...this is what gets me in trouble in the first place. I get paralized by indecision and then nothing gets done! Anybody else have these troubles?

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Each Monday I post my goals for the week. Friday I check to see how I'm doing. Really helps, and if I decide to change my plans, well, change is GOOD!

murdoc said...

Yes!! I have similar problems with getting everything done! This time of year we get so extra busy so it gets even harder to keep up! We, (my mom and I) are working on Binky Quilts for our December meeting plus we have a 1 year olds birthday and three babies due at my work! I am so glad that my mom helps me with all these projects!