Thursday, August 21, 2008

kids are back

The kids are back to school today and the excitement is there. Boy am I exhausted today! The first day of school is all talking, rules, expecations, I feel like the adults on Charlie Brown! Wahh, wahhh, wahhh. All day long. If I never talk again this year, I will have talked myself enough for a lifetime just today.

I'm going to write it here, so I can come back and read it later. It looks like I will have good classes. My 6th period will be my most challenging, with the most talkers and my 4th period has some talkers too. My 5th period is the quietest and 3rd period will come in as the second quietest. I like to write down these first impressions and then half way through the year come back to see how wrong I was!

My own kids had great first days. Good classes, happy to be back with friends, even some homework. It will be nice to get back into a routine again for another year.

1 down, 179 to go!

1 comment:

Quilty bird said...

We went back on 8/6. I've started writing on the board - number of days down/number of days to go.