Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2nd day back...I'm tired

Boy, working is tiring! Who would have thought the laying around all summer having fun would NOT prepare you to run around, think and get ready for high school students? It is sort of like getting ready for a marathon by watching it on TV.

Not only am I not ready for school to start tomorrow, but I'm not ready for my daughter to leave for college on Saturday. I can't quite figure out which thing to think about first and know I'm going to forget something, whether it is going to school or the airport on time. Maybe I should make a list of what needs to get done and then try not to lose the list. Or, maybe I should just take a nap.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I can relate to your exhaustion because I taught high school language arts for 33 years. The long hours of preparing my room and lessons in addition to walking/standing on cement floors for two/three weeks before school started only compounded the fatigue.

Take a hot bath tonight and let the tension seep out of your body. Have a good school year.