Thursday, July 18, 2013

This quilt is giving me fits

 This memory quilt for my sister in law is trying to bring me down!  Tshirt quilts are not my favorite quilts to do for many reasons, one because they stretch when you cut them and sew them and quilt them and they are usually larger than I like to make.  This one gave me troubles with the backing fabric too.  I couldn't figure out how big to make it and when I finally did, cut it wrong and sewed it wrong and had to unstitch it more than I sewed.  I cut a hole in it and had to cover it up with a heart applique and was ready to throw in the towel several times.  I need to trim it and put binding on it and get it in the mail before it takes me down completely!  I will be so happy when it gets in the mail and to my sister in law.  I know she will love it and that's what keeps me going.  Hoping to get it done by tonight and in the mail tomorrow.  Some quilts take more effort than others and are definitely a labor of love!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Oh dear ... and it's huge too. I'll bet you'll be glad to see it leave your house.