Wednesday, July 3, 2013

not all today and etsy questions

 I got one quilted today while working on some embroidery things.  I'm thinking of getting into selling on ETSY.  Any advice?  I want to earn a little extra money so I can afford to keep doing charity work while my daughter goes to college.  Every penny we make will be going to send her to school and I will feel guilty spending it on postage to ship quilts.  Either I find a way to get a little extra income or I have to only donate locally.  I've been praying about it and not sure what I should do just yet.  If you have advice about using ETSY, I'd love to hear it.  I have a shop, but am leery about linking my bank account to ETSY.  I wish I could just use paypal for all of my sales.  Is there a way to do that?  Thanks readers!


3 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

All I can tell you on Etsy as on Zibbet is to be patient. I never sold a thing on Etsy and sold 2 things on Zibbet. It is all about timing, advertising and what you have to offer!

Quiltingranny said...

PS BTW, I have had someone offer to help with postage on the Arizona firefighters if you need it, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Marilyn!!! I've had a shop on Etsy for about a year and a half now. I haven't sold much, only 5 items, but I use is PayPal and my bank account is one that I have set up for business only. I don't keep much money in that account. I use my sales funds for shipping as they are received, so I don't need much in my account at one time. Now customers can use Etsy gift cards too. Please check out my shop, Pam's Pretties 57. Thanks and I hope that helped. Blessed be, hugs!!! Pam

pamspretties57 at gmail dot com