Sunday, July 21, 2013

Early morning quilting time

I love early morning quilting time.  I have been waking up around 6 every morning this summer and the rest of the family gets up around 9.  That leaves me time to eat breakfast, watch the news, check email, Facebook, blogs, read my Bible, and get some quilting and cleaning in all before everyone gets up.  Not that they place a lot of demands on me during the day.  I walk with my husband at 9am every day unless there is somewhere else I have to be (like the dentist tomorrow-yuck) and then I'm in demand at lunch and dinner time, but other than that I'm pretty much free to quilt all day if I want, but the early morning time is my favorite because it is so quiet.  I listen to the radio and have time to just think and pray.

This quilt is for the family of one of the firefighters who lost his life in the Arizona fire last month.  I'm hoping to get both of these quilts bound today or tomorrow and in the mail by Tuesday.  Another thing checked off my list.  I'm slowly checking things off my very long list to be done by the end of the summer.  I only have 4 weeks left.  It's pretty funny when I think about it.  Most people think of a 4 week vacation as very long.  I'm looking at 4 weeks and starting to panic.  ONLY 4 weeks left!  So little time to get so many things done :)  Perspective!

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

I have more energy in the morning, so that's my favorite time of the day. Your quilt will be such a sweet gift for the firefighter's family!