Friday, July 19, 2013

New freemotion foot

So I don't forget again and have to spend an hour searching the blog, my paypal receipts and the internet for where I got my last foot, here's where I am buying my new feet for my machine this time. 

http://www.kenssewingcenter.com/juki-free-motion-quilting-foot-p-28478.html

It's a Juki foot, but it fits my Janome machine.  Weird.  The Janome foot doesn't fit the Janome machine.  I've tried several and for some reason they aren't aligned right and the needle hits the foot.  I have no idea if that is true for all Janome machines, surely it can't be true or they couldn't sell those feet, but for my machine the foot doesn't fit.

So, I found that the Juki foot fits and that's what I've been buying.

When I quilted the tshirt quilt, the thread kept breaking when I quilted left to right and the last time that happened, I changed out the foot and the problem stopped.  So, it must be time to get another foot.  The last time I changed the foot was January 2011.  Not bad for me.  I have gone through about 6 or 7 feet on this machine and I've had it 5 years. 

I ordered 2 feet because the last time the first food lasted about 2 weeks before breaking.  I should have sent it back, but I never return things.  Terrible, I know.  But I figure things average out.  Some things last longer than they should and some things last shorter.  I usually get my money's worth out of the things I buy eventually.

Now just to limp through the next few quilts while waiting for the new feet to arrive.  Maybe I should clean the sewing room and cut some fabric instead.  Probably not, but maybe.  I have to drop off quilts today, take my daughter to the dentist, then tomorrow meet up with a friend, Debbie, the Traveling Quilter tomorrow in Sacramento for a guild meeting and to box up some quilt tops to be sent to Calgary for the Flood relief efforts.  They are trying to collect 3,000 quilts.  Then Sunday is Binky Patrol.  Monday, my boys and I have dentist appointments.  Maybe I will be busy enough not to notice the quilting machine foot troubles.

Oh, and yesterday I was actually headache free for about half the day.  That's the first time in about a month :)  Celebrate the small things in life!

1 comment:

barbara woods said...

i had that problem with my janome and e-mail where i got it and they said always put your needle down when you install your foot. it worked for me