Thursday, July 4, 2013

My sewing buddy today

Today I did a lot of sewing and this little guy spent most of the day sitting about 2 feet away from me right out my window.  He looks like he just came out of the nest with a few little downy feathers still.  I could tell the temperature outside by watching how he sat on his perch.  Sometimes he sat with his mouth open, panting.  Today was supposed to be the hottest day of the 7 day over 105 heat wave.  Supposedly it is supposed to be under 100 tomorrow.  I've been staying inside most of the week so it hasn't bothered me much.  I did manage to get out to JoAnn's this morning to pick up some fabric for my daughter's quilt for the fair and for a quilt for a former student who is in the military.  I figured it is a perfect day to start working on her quilt since it is the birthday of our country.  Hope you all have a great July 4th and stay safe!

No comments: