Saturday, June 11, 2016

Things get worse before they get better right?

Doing a whole house clean out is rough work.  My house looks like we just moved in or something.  There are boxes and buckets of stuff everywhere.  I had to move all of my stuff out of my son's room so he could move all of his stuff in and my stuff no longer has a home.  I'm trying to make a home by getting rid of stuff I no longer use, but until then, the poor homeless stuff is in the way.  The only real way to clean it up is to get rid of half of the stuff.

I used to like watching the Clean House shows where a crew comes in and helps the homeowner destash by taking everything out and then helping the homeowner go through everything in one hour.  The reality however is it takes way more time and energy than one hour and I don't have a crew of people to help me.  I keep second guessing myself and thinking that if I get rid of something I know I will need it next week.  If only I could find the perfect storage solution, I could somehow make room for all of these treasures.  But what kind of treasure sits in a box for 6 years without being used or looked at?  The last time I did a total clean out, I put dates on the boxes.  That was in the summer of 2010 and many of the boxes haven't been touched since.

Time to make room for new things to come into my life, like peace and joy.

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

My DH doesn't like to throw things away b/c he might need exactly that item later. I tell him if he hasn't needed it in 4 years, then he will just have to get a new one when he does. Now he is telling me the same thing about my fabric.