Thursday, June 9, 2016

Having faith

 I was going to save some of these pictures for tomorrow's post because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get a quilt done today.  I have a really bad migraine this morning.  I've been doing pretty well with them lately so I guess I'm due for a doozie.  But, I'm trying to grow mountain size faith this summer.  You see, I have some mountain moving to do with cleaning out my house.  I always get overwhelmed with the task of getting rid of things.  I know I have some hoarding genes in me from my dad's side of the family.  Several of his sisters were hoarders, complete with 50 cats and I have a really hard time letting go of things I know I will never use, but that still have usefulness in them.  I get these grand plans to make something, collect all of the necessary supplies and by the time I have what I need, the desire has passed and I'm on to the next project.  I think I just really enjoy collecting and not actually making or finishing.  Maybe that's why I love quilting so much.  I have a team who will help me finish all of my projects.
 Yesterday I took in recyclables.  That is such a dreaded chore and I am not exactly sure why.  Anxiety builds up as the time grows closer.  The place I've been taking the cans and bottles to has a hard to get in parking lot and is always super busy.  I always wait until I have at least 10 bags which means it takes me about 30 minutes and I never sort until I'm at the recycling place.  There are so many things I could do to make the task easier and always get mad at myself for not doing what I know I could do to make the job less stressful.  As the day approaches, I think that I should just throw everything into the blue recycling bin and be done with it, but then also think of the $30 or so that could be used for batting or new quilting designs.
So, yesterday I looked online to see if there were any other recycling centers in town that had good reviews to see if maybe trying a new location would make the job easier.  Sure enough, there is one near the grocery shop I go to every week and one of the first things I saw was that everyone mentioned how easy it was to get in and out.  I was taking my husband's truck so that was going to make things so much easier.  Sure enough, it was super easy to get in there, nobody was there when I arrived and the people were really helpful.  They even went up to people's cars and helped them unload.  I think from now on, I will take in recycling once a month when I do my grocery shopping and the chore will be less of a pain.  It should only take a few minutes and the recyclables won't be piling up around the house.

That mountain just became a molehill and my anxiety level went down.

My faith that other dreaded chores can be tackled just increased!

No comments: