Saturday, June 4, 2016

Graduation date night



It was over 100 degrees last night at graduation and all teachers are supposed to be there.  There were quite a few missing, but we tried to make the best of it, sitting in the sun, watching the kids who have driven us crazy for the past four years walk across the stage.  It is way more fun when you are with your best friend.

It's also more fun when you have a child graduate, which we didn't this year, so we really didn't pay too much attention to the names being read and goofed around a little.  I did get a bit of a sunburn because I refuse to wear sunscreen.  I figure I'm cursed either way, the toxins in the sunscreen, or the cancer causing UV rays.  How did people get along without sunscreen for so long?  I'll just take my chances since I'm only out in the sun a couple times a year.  Most of the time you will find me inside making quilts!

The ceremony was only about an hour and they used the heat as an excuse to read the names quickly.  That makes 16 of these things I've been to and I figure at least 15 more before I can check out myself.  The one disadvantage of staying 25 forever is you never reach retirement age.

2 comments:

Charlene S said...

I hated those nights.

Farm Quilter said...

I always had fun at my student's graduation, plus I wore my graduation gown and hood!! But my kids needed me to be a bit more hands-on then your kids. Wear long sleeves/pants/dress and a wide-brimmed hat when you are out in the sun...skin cancer is never a good thing! If you wore your graduation regalia over shorts and a tank, you wouldn't melt but the sun would be off your skin.