Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The cleaning continues

 With my daughter home for another day, I have a great helper who actually encourages me to get rid of stuff.  Yesterday we tackled the downstairs game closet.  It's a great place to stash stuff and forget about it but yesterday we pulled out everything and got rid of 6 bags of forgotten, unnecessary items.  There were old Halloween costumes and barely used backpacks and PE clothes from my oldest who is now 26.  Some had holes in them and those went straight into the trash and some will be used by my youngest.  The A can fairly easily be turned into an M.
There was a shelf in there that kept falling apart so this morning I went to WalMart and got a couple of sturdy shelves that now hold all of the games and will hold extra blankets that are being washed.  There's even room in there now for all the luggage.  Who knew you could find room for the things you need when you got rid of the stuff you don't ever use?

No comments: