Saturday, December 28, 2013

memory quilt, finished with the clothing blocks

I cut all the centers 9 1/2 inches and made star blocks out of them.  I am going to print out some pictures tomorrow onto fabric and make those blocks.  I have 7 pictures, so there will be 20 blocks total.  This is going to be a big quilt.  I didn't really have a plan going into this, just cut and sew and see what happened.  I'm making a second quilt for my friend's dad, using the same clothes and pictures, but it will end up looking very different.  He likes different colors and I plan to make his with a log cabin type block instead.  We will see how that one turns out.  Just cut and sew.  It's always worked for me in the past.  Then on to the next quilt in the que.  There is always one more to do.

The girls and I had a great time at the thrift stores today, I got lots of new shirts and even found some rolls of cotton fabric with pirate theme prints.  They are 60 inches wide and will make great backings.  The rolls are 12 yards long and I got them for $9.99 each.  Can't pass that up.  My girls thought I was crazy buying more fabric when I have so much, but I did leave the girl prints behind and they had HUGE rolls of knit fabrics, must have been 25 yards or more for only $20.  If I was really crazy, I would have bought that too.  It would make great baby clothes and hats and in the olden days, I used to make those as well.  But now I have buckets of knit fabric waiting to be used up and haven't touched my serger in a long time.  Too busy quilting these days.

No comments: