Sunday, December 7, 2014

a great boy quilt

22 of 45 quilts for the remainder of 2014

Now isn't this a cute boy quilt?  My friend at school Sandy, who puts a lot of bindings on our quilts made this one for a different charity group.  It's really a simple quilt made from 2 1/2 inch squares and 4 1/2 inch focus fabric with a simple 1 1/2 inch inner border and 3 1/2 inch outer border.  Perfect for a new baby boy.  I quilted it with dump trucks.  For some reason, my machine jumped the track and I had to rip out a half row of stitching.  That's always a fun thing to do!  But, after that little hiccup, I was back in business and the quilt finished quickly.  Some new mother will be the lucky recipient of this gorgeous quilt!

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

You are really moving the quilts along!! 23 left to go for the year - I would never make it with a hand-guided LA, but I have faith that you will make it!! They are all looking great! I really appreciate it when quilters make charity quilts that look good instead of just throwing any old scraps together just to make a quilt!