Wednesday, December 10, 2014

so nice to have a large stash

25 of 45

There's a special student at my school who is in foster care.  She recently found out she is pregnant and her foster family kicked her out.  I can't even imagine how she is feeling.  I had some quilts on my desk at school and her science teacher asked her to pick one.  She chose a little one.  I told her that she could have that for the baby and I would make one just for her.  I asked what her favorite color was and she chose purple.  

Having a large stash of quilt tops ready for quilting is so nice.  Sometimes I feel bad that there are so many waiting their turn to be quilted, but when a situation like this comes up, it's nice to be able to reach in the cupboard and pull something I think will be perfect.  This quilt looks more green in the picture, but the purples really pop in person.  I will get bound and given this week.

3 comments:

Carol Swift said...

You were so nice to add a bright moment in her life. I hope things get better for her.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

That is just the sweetest thing to do!!! good for you.

Sue Niven said...

Wish this girl all the best from me, there are people who need to know that the world has good people out there, you are one of those I know! I have had someone in such a situation as this and I took her in for a while until she was able to be on her own two feet. She is fine and her daughter is now 5 years old and all is good for her now. Pass this message on to her and give her hope.