Monday, December 29, 2014

nothing more frustrating

http://myqbot.com/accessories_18.html

So, the machine isn't working again.  There is nothing more frustrating than having two weeks of vacation time and not being able to quilt.  I guess I could sit an think of more frustrating things, but at the moment, it's hard to come up with them.  The cable above is the one I think I need, but the one below is the one I was told to order.
When I got it and plugged it in, the machine will follow the design on the robot, but it won't stitch.  It isn't talking to the stitching part of the machine.  I guess I could stitch manually, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a robotic quilting machine :)  I'm just so spoiled!  I also have my secondary machine, Pierce that I did quilt over 1,000 quilts on which I haven't touched in many months and I'm sure he would like a turn at quilting again.  I ordered the other cable this morning, but the company has on their website they are on vacation this week, so it looks like they won't have it to me before I go back to work next week.

Unless I decide to stitch by hand (well, actually run the machine while standing there) or use the other machine, I am not going to reach my goal.  I'm going to have to do some number crunching today and see how close I am to a big number for quilts for the year and see just what I want to do.  With my daughters home, it's hard to find time to sneak away.  I just want to spend every minute I can with them.  It is so amazing having them home to cook and go shopping with.  I didn't realize how much I missed having them around!  

As the year winds down, I start to think of goals for the new year and look back on the things I've accomplished this past year.  The quiet time in the morning is especially nice for reflecting before everyone else is awake and asking for attention.


2 comments:

Sue Niven said...

I hope you get the machine working again very soon. You have done a fantastic job this year, so may people are in a better position thanks to what you do. Take this quilting as time out to enjoy your daughters and to re fill your energy.

jirons42 said...

Just breathe. The quilts can wait, there will always be a need. Time with your daughters is too precious and will not wait. Too soon they will be off on their own, maybe married and starting families, getting careers in a far place, etc. Enjoy them while you have them. Your quilting goals are selfimposed stress that you don't need. Have a wonderful 2015 and know I am awed by all you do.