Monday, December 22, 2014

Broken Machine

29 OF 45
Ah, the troubles with my machine come in batches.  I ordered new tracks a little while back and yesterday finally got around to switching them out.  First, they sent me the wrong ones so I had to wait for the new ones.  Then the company said the long tracks would still work on my machine.  I should have asked them to send new long tracks too because the long ones are only 8 feet and my machine is a 10 foot frame.  I'm sure they just put the label on the wrong box.  Whoever got my box was probably just as upset with the wrong tracks.  You would think they would have called me back letting me know that they messed up.  Now I have to wait again to get the right tracks.

While changing out the tracks, I had to move the very heavy machine and pulled out one of the wires on the encoder that reads where the wheels are on the robot.  My son should be able to fix it today when he gets back from his robotics meeting.  Fingers crossed because I've searched online to purchase a new wire and can't find any source.  I don't know what I'm going to do when he goes off to college.  I also don't know what people do that don't have a smart son like me

Until he fixes it, I'm out of quilting commission.  I was hoping to have time to catch up.  I'm way behind if I plan to make my goal.  I have plenty of quilts but I'm not sure if I can catch up.  I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

I envy you your handy son...when I have a problem (few and far between!), I'm on the phone with the tech as he walks me through the fix. I'm lucky to have free 24/7/365 techs available...I've actually called on Christmas afternoon when I had a quilt that had to leave the state the next day and I had to time my machine for the first time. Sure hope he can get it fixed and you get the right rails!! What happened to your current rails??