Monday, December 15, 2014

Prolific piecer

27 of 45

My adopted daughter, Jenny, is becoming quite the prolific piecer.  She is cranking out these quilt tops like crazy.  She plans to give them all away as Christmas gifts, which means I have to get busy quilting them all up.  There are two more waiting for me and I'm sure she has more in the works.  I used a really cute butterfly pattern on this one and quilted it yesterday while grading lab books.

I totally know it is my fault, but I spent 22 hours this weekend grading.  In the end, I felt totally crazy!  Even with all the extra help this year, I let these lab books pile up and had 4 labs in every book and 5 in the honors ones.  Each book took about 10 minutes to grade, and when you have 90 of them, it adds up.  It was nice to take a break every 3 books and go roll the quilt.  I don't know what I would have done if I had to grade non stop!  But it sure made the weekend go quickly.

This is finals week and then vacation!

My girls come home on Thursday.  :)

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

WHat a nice way for the to of yiu to do things together!

Sue Niven said...

beautiful.