Monday, December 1, 2014

Start December off with Christmas

16 of 45 quilts for the remainder of 2014

Can you believe December is already here?  Let's start off the month with a Christmas Quilt shall we?  Once again, this is a Nancy Quilt.  But, I bet you could tell that because it's a cute Tumbler quilt, made of course with the Accuquilt Studio fabric cutter.  If you can't tell, I love my Accuquilt Studio.  If you make lots of quilts for charity, you NEED a Studio cutter.  If you have a Studio cutter, you NEED one or more of the tumbler dies.  I now own all of them.  They come in 3 1/2, 4 1/2, 6 1/2 and 9 1/2 inch sizes.  I recently got the 4 1/2 inch size blocks.  These are the BEST blocks for using up scraps.  You can mix and match them or make them themed.  I tell you my friend Nancy is the best at putting these quilts together.  She can make them themed or just kitchen sink them and throw everything together and they come out great.  Right now, she has the second Studio cutter and is cutting up scraps like crazy.  I never know what she is going to give me.  Some of the quilt tops are little bitty ones and some are queen size.  Every one is perfect because kids come in all sizes and every quilt we make finds a perfect home.

Her grandkids even get in on the act and help her sort and cut the fabric and match up the quilts.  Her grand daughter even helps sew the quilt tops.  She saves every little bit of fabric that can possibly be used and cuts it into these little tumblers and even uses the half pieces for the edges.  I just love her to bits. :)


No comments: