Monday, December 8, 2014

quilted body pillow


23 of 45 

I have to laugh at myself.  Most bloggers stage such lovely quilt pictures.  I lay them on top of the pile of clean clothes waiting to be folded.  I don't even do a great job of hiding the fact the the quilt is on top of the pile of clean clothes.  I mean, you can clearly see the black sock here!  Keeping life real people. :)

My friend brought over two body pillows she wanted quilted.  She brought fleece to be used as the batting and asked if I thought that would be a problem.  I wasn't sure, but said I would give it a try.  I am sure it will shrink differently than the cotton top and backing fabric, but I'm not sure the body pillow will get washed much, so I'm not sure it's going to really matter much.  The machine didn't have a problem with quilting it.

I used the same blue thread on this quilt as on the one that kept breaking every 6 inches and although it didn't break as much, it did keep getting sucked down underneath a couple of times.  I didn't notice it until I pulled the quilt off the frame.  It's a good thing this quilt will be a pillow so you will never see the back because it's a blue top thread and a white backing.  You can see the blue thread on the back a couple times.  I'm not sure why the machine doesn't like this blue thread.  It's So Fine, which my machine usually loves.  I guess you can get a bad spool of thread sometimes.  I will give it one more try on one more quilt and then call it bad thread and see if Carla wants to try it on her machine.  I hate to throw away a $10 spool of thread.  This one was donated by someone who has me quilting lots of Quilts of Valor, but still, someone paid good money for great thread and it just is having troubles.

Anyways, it's a nice quilt. :)

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

It's a beautiful body pillow...love the design and quilting! Love how you got real with the photo, which reminds me I need to do a load of clothes today. LOL