Friday, August 1, 2014

Feels like I ran a marathon

 I started the day out yesterday with plans to quilt 10 quilts.  I haven't done that in quite some time, but I have done it before so I know it can be done.  I only had one row to finish on this quilt so it really doesn't count, but I haven't posted it's picture yet, so here it is to begin the day.
 While it was quilting, I loaded made the backing fabric for this little guy and loaded it onto my smaller machine, Pierce.  I figured if I was going to get 10 done I'd have to use both machines.
 These two were done with green backing fabric I had to piece and when I'm on a roll, I load up a whole bunch of backing fabric that can be used for multiple quilts.  I got three quilts out of the big piece of green backing fabric I made early in the day.
 My friend Nancy loves these tumbler quilts.  You will be seeing lots of them coming soon because I have a whole bucket of them waiting to be quilted.  Some are big like this one and some are small.  She doesn't care if they are the 6 1/2 inch, 3 1/2 inch or 9 1/2 inch size, she loves them all and has a real eye for color placement.
 Here's another little guy quilted on Pierce.  I haven't used him as much since getting Rebecca and my body is rebelling today.  Normally it's my right shoulder that gives me trouble.  Today I can barely lift my left arm.  I have no idea what I did to it, but I had better give myself some time to recuperate.  This poor body is getting old!
 This quilt was the reason for the green backing fabric.  When I first saw it, I had to laugh because the frog fabric in it brought back some memories.  When my oldest daughter who is now 24 was in 7th grade I made her a bandana for her hair.  She wore it to school and got called into the principal's office.  She was scared!  The principal told her never to wear it to school again because it was a gang symbol.  We have teased her ever since about being in the Frog Gang.  Every time I see that fabric, I just laugh at how ridiculous that whole situation was.
 And here's another one sent to me to quilt for Margaret's Hope Chest.  Perfect for a boy and just the right size to snuggle under.
The final one of the night, again sewn by my friend Nandy.  I love this one because of the dogs and the color red.  Perfect for a boy or girl.  I had one more on the machine last night, so if you count the half one from the morning and the half one from the night, there were 8 quilts quilted yesterday.  It almost killed me, so I almost completed my goal.  I think I had better exercise and stretch while quilting and not try to overdo things so much.  I'm getting older and even though Rebecca does most of the work, I do have to lift and pull and tug on the fabric and I think I strained a muscle.

Of course, having the worst migraine in a long time didn't help things out either.   Good thing my son was home last night to get dinner and help with the little one.

I'm off this morning to get my TB test read, get my son's schedule fixed at school and drop off school supplies.  Only two more weeks of vacation left.  Hoping to make the most of it.

I have about 6 quilts I promised people I would make and I haven't even started any of them.  Such a bad quilter I am!

No comments: