Saturday, August 16, 2014

another one off the list

So I'm not going to make my list of quilts to finish before school starts, but I have one more almost finished at least.  This is another baby quilt for one of the teachers who had a baby this summer.  I don't think she is coming back on Monday, but if I can get the binding done tomorrow will bring it Monday to give to her friend to give to her.  I'm just not good at holding on to things for a long time.  I really like this quilt pattern.  2 1/2 inch strips sewn into blocks and 6 1/2 inch squares.  In 2 hours you have a pretty good size quilt top.  It's just shy of the width of fabric, so no piecing for the backing.  Then, depending on the quilting design, in 30 minutes or less you can have it quilted up and 30 more minutes and the binding is done.  In 3 hours you have a nice baby shower gift done.

I still have 2 more quilts I am supposed to do, but don't think I will even get started on either.  That's ok.  There's lots of time once school starts.  Sewing is very relaxing.

No comments: