Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pushing through

 I want to get that baby quilt on the frame tonight, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.  There is still enough backing fabric for one more quilt and it's silly to pull it off just to put the baby quilt on there.
 I'm trying to find one more quilt top that will work with it.  It's kind of a weird pink mountain fabric, but I like it.  I love this cat quilt and know someone else will too.  That's the great thing about these quick strippie quilts.  They are a great size for a kid or adult who wants something to cuddle up on the couch with.  We add an extra set of rows to make them longer and because we usually have the extra fabric.
And here's another one of the tumblers my friend Nancy is now becoming famous for.  More of the Dora fabric.  I must have bought a bolt of this when my littlest was a baby.  It is turning up everywhere now.  Some little girl will love this quilt.

I've picked out fabrics for 4 more baby quilts and have fabric cut for the two dinosaur quilts for my friend's nephews.  Tomorrow I will get the Principal's baby quilt quilted and hopefully bound and hopefully get the other 4 quilts cut out.  Should be quick to get them sewn up now that I have an idea of what I want to do with them.  The hardest part can be picking fabrics sometimes.  These ones just jumped out at me.  I love it when that happens!

No comments: