Thursday, August 7, 2014

Today was a car day

I got up this morning to take the trash cans to the curb and noticed my son's back tire was half flat.  I couldn't see a nail, but figured he was sitting on it.  I had my daughter roll the car slowly, but still couldn't see it.  I took him to work and figured it would be a quick fix.  Ha, ha, ha.

I took the car to Sam's Club where they will do a flat repair for free for you if you are a member.  Well, this is a 'sports' car and so has special nuts that hold the wheels on.  They couldn't get the wheel off.  They told me 40 minutes wait, so I figured I'd so a little shopping while I waited and had some groceries.  They said they found the 'nail' in the tire and it was too close to the edge to fix the tire and to take it to Big O where I had purchased the tire and maybe they could get the tire off.

Since I had the groceries, and since Big O said it would be about 1 1/2 hours, I had my husband come get the groceries while I waited for the car.  I should have just gone home with him because it was about 3 1/2 hours before I was finally out of there.  There is a special nut remover for the tires and it was no where to be found in the car.

When our car got broken into a while back, my son found a big bolt in the car on his seat.  Turns out that big bolt is the thing needed to removed the tires from the car.  Who knew?  Certainly none of us.  I guess it was in the glove box and when the guys broke in, they threw everything around from the glove box and maybe they didn't know what it was for either.

Well, I brought it in the house and who knew where that went?  Good thing I never throw everything away.  I found it after looking for about 10 minutes.

And why is it none of my cars have regular tires?  Every time I have to get new tires for any of my cars, they have to be special ordered.  Tomorrow I have to go back to get the tire for the car.  They put the spare on because I didn't want to take the chance that the air would be all the way out of the tire.

Hopefully tomorrow's trip will be quick and painless

No comments: