Wednesday, August 14, 2013

wedding quilt top

SO much fun to sit and sew and listen to Rebecca humming away, quilting up the quilts and knowing that I'm getting so much done.  This quilt will be for my dear friend who I've known for more than 20 years.  Her son is getting married in September and his bride to be asked for a modern quilt in greens and blues.  I added a touch of brown and I hope it fits the bill.  The drunkard's path 7 inch block is quick to sew up, even for a huge queen size quilt like this.  Lots of curved seams, but they are so easy with the die cutter.  There are 8 different colors in this quilt and it was hard to not get some colors to hit and some blocks have colors touching.  I like the randomness of the quilt and the soothing palate.  It looks like I planned it

 

No comments: