Sunday, August 4, 2013

Motivation for quilting

My daughter asked me yesterday if I quilt because I love to quilt or because I love to give the quilts away.  This picture here is why I quilt.  I got this note from my friend who delivered the quilts.
 
Marilyn , we brought the dresses and quilts to Rwanda for Justice. The center , founded by 2 Vacaville police officers , treats and helps girls who are victims of sexual assault . Many time they arrive in horrific shape with only the clothes on their backs.
The quilts offer warmth and something tangible to hang on to.
I will try to get some pictures got you on Monday , while being sensitive to the victims .
Thank you seems so inadequate .
 
The quilts I make are just pieces of fabric, with some batting and thread, but they are so much more than that.  They are love in a form children can hold onto.  Each quilt I make gets a heart quilted into it somewhere.  That's my signature to show these kids they are loved.
 
 


2 comments:

Michele T said...

The eyes say it all!! Warms me deeply!

Quiltingranny said...

I quilt because I love it and because I believe in my heart God gave me this talent to cover others in warmth!
I don't get those who quilt and keep all of them???