Monday, August 5, 2013

finished up the last roll of backing


 These are the last three quilts for that last big roll of backing fabric I loaded on Friday.  I used up a whole bucked of flannel that was in the shed.  My friend Judy gave it to me a couple of years ago.  I pulled in another bucked of flannel and sorted it into three piles.  I sewed and sewed and made one more long backing of the purples tonight and loaded that onto the machine after quilting up my friend's memory quilt.  I'm going to get it done in time for her birthday on the 10th of this month.  I was asked today by a friend to make 10 quilts for a cancer treatment center in Utah where her mom gets treatment.  She said they have some very old and well used quilts that have seen better days.  I guess they let the patients sit under them when they are getting treatments.  I would love to be able to make enough to give each patient to take home with them, but that's probably not going to happen.  I will be happy to make the 10 soon enough to give to her so she can send them along so her mom can deliver them.  I'm always happy to be able to fill a need when it arises.  Lord knows I have enough fabric to make 1,000 more quilts :)  For those of you who are wondering what to do with all of your extra quilts, there are so many places who are in need.  Just let people know you make quilts :)


No comments: