Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September quilts

Only a dozen quilts quilted this month so a little disappointed with my efforts.  The idea of working an extra 20% sounds like a great idea and getting that extra $1,000 at the end of the month also sounds like a time to celebrate, but when you get home at the end of the day and can't pull yourself off the couch, the idea sounds less than perfect.

Monday, I got home early because of the bomb scare and was supposed to go to the post office and to my friend Carla's to pick up quilting supplies and did neither one.  I was just too exhausted to make it off the couch.  It wasn't a physical exhaustion, but rather a mental tiredness.  Yesterday, I got home around 5 and again, didn't get off the couch until almost 7 to make dinner and then, it was just too late to get anything else done.

This is getting serious!

Plus, I have my former student leaving me on Friday.  She says she will be coming back a couple days a week, but I have a feeling once school really gets going for her, that will soon be ending.  She has really been keeping me organized and getting most of my grading done.  I will have a parent email me asking about a missing paper or questing about a grade on something and she really knows what is going on.  I will be totally lost!  I had better increase my vitamins and maybe find a few extra hours in the day somewhere.


No comments: