Sunday, October 26, 2014

on a Quilt of Valor roll

I guess this is the Quilt of Valor weekend.  My numbers of quilts are down this month and so I'm trying to do something about that.  My husband says I worry about things at work too much and so I'm forgetting everything about school and stress and just focusing on making quilts for others and managing to get a lot done.  It sure feels good and the stress is just melting away.  That's the way it needs to be.  Leave the work stress at work and come home to make quilts!  With my former student Alyssa coming to help me most of the grading gets done at school and what doesn't get done, can be finished pretty quickly right before grades need to be turned in, so why do I need to worry and fret so much?  You'd think at my age I'd have learned a thing or two about having fun.

I love how all of these different blocks come together to make such a great quilt.  I really do need to spend more time quilting.  It makes me oh, so happy.  I'm so glad I was able to fix my machine yesterday.

I have quite a few quilts I need to make for other people as well.  I better get started on two t shirt quilts for a lady at work.  She asked me to make them for her sons for Christmas.  So far, I've brought the bags of shirts home and they are still in my car.  They aren't going to get finished that way.  I have another t shirt quilt for a lady who runs the blood drive at our school every year.  I've been collecting shirts for that for a couple of years.  I keep thinking I need one more shirt, but I think I have enough now.  I should count and see just how many I have and just make it.  If I get more, I can always make another one.  They are really funny shirts.

And there is this crochet afghan I've been working on since the beginning of the year.  It's funny how long something takes when you never work on it.

No comments: