Monday, October 27, 2014

Dinosaur quilts

A friend at work asked me to make a couple of dinosaur quilts for her nephews.  It's only taken me about 4 months to get started on them.  I have the second one about half way done.  I think I will put a larger border on before quilting to make it almost bed size.  They are just pillow panels with some 3 1/2 inch strips added around and around.  They really didn't take long to make, but for some reason, it took a long time to get started on them.  I have no idea why some quilts get done finished quickly and some take a long time to get started on.  I have a baby quilt I made this summer and it's sat for a couple months waiting to have the binding put on.  The baby will still fit in it for quite some time, but I don't feel rushed to finish it up.  Maybe now that's I've put it in writing, I will get it done this week.

No comments: