Saturday, October 11, 2014

Solano Winds concert

 The concert was last night and the quilt was a big hit.  It sold for $300.  Wow!  I guess I will have to make my son his own quilt because I couldn't afford to buy it back for him.  The concert was fantastic!
My favorite song was a tribute to our military.  They played a combination of theme songs from every branch of the military and had one member from each branch on stage.  You can barely see them on the front left of the stage.  The guy from the army was about 90 years old and in a wheel chair.  He stood up and saluted during his portion of the song.  It was just so adorable and the whole song made me so proud to be an American I cried during the whole song.  If a member of the audience also served in that branch of the military, they would stand at attention for that part of the song and we would all clap.  It was just so great.  I love living in this area of the country and serving the Air Force kids.

No comments: